Gas Safety & Carbon Monoxide

 

Gas Safety & Carbon Monoxide

If the boiler in your property is old, poorly serviced, incorrectly fitted or faulty it could put you at risk of poisoning from carbon monoxide - a fatal odourless gas.

Before you move in, check that your property has a carbon monoxide detector fitted. It is your landlord’s responsibility to provide and install this. Also make sure that you ask to see copies of the:

  • Gas safety record for the property
  • The annual service certificate for the boiler

By law these checks should be done every year and you are entitled to see them. Don’t just take your landlord’s word for it!

For more information check out:

If you can't find what you're looking for, or you would like more information - just get in touch.


Download HSENI Gas Safety Leaflet

ADVICE SU


phone icon 028 90 97 3726
email icon studentadvice@qub.ac.uk
address icon Second Floor
Students' Union
clock icon

Email to book an appointment or pop in during our Drop-In sessions:

Mon: 2pm - 4.30pm
Wed: 2pm - 4.30pm
Fri: 9.30am - 12.00pm


Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter youtube