Do you want to do good for your local community, develop your skills and make new friends, but you haven’t got the time to make a regular commitment?
Handy helpers is a unique initiative which enables you to take part in a wide range of one-off volunteering opportunities in the local community. You can pick and choose what activities you want to participate in based on your interests and availability.
From community gardening to decorating animal shelters and event logistics, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in various settings while actively contributing to the local community.
There’s no long-term commitment, just get involved in the activities that suit you. As an added feel good factor, you’ll get access to relevant training and a loyalty card that gives you even more rewards for changing the world around you!
Belfast Hills Conservation Day
Wednesday, 23rd October 2019, 1-4.30pm
Belfast Hills (transport provided)
The Belfast Hills Partnership (BHP) is an independent charity which seeks to improve the environmental state of the hills surrounding Belfast. There is a huge variety of tasks that you can carry out as a volunteer from tree and hedge planting to surveying wildlife.
Holyland Painting & Planting Workshop
Wednesday, 25th October 2019, 1-4pm
We are taking over a local alleyway for the afternoon to brighten it up for Halloween celebrations. We will tidy up, paint a couple of walls with colourful designs (weather permitting), plant some winter plants and put up some spooky decorations!
Interested? Register as a Handy Helpers today to get access to the booking links!
- Ability to apply for Queen’s Degree Plus Award (Route A).
- Ability to use your volunteering hours towards a Millennium Volunteers Award/Prestige Award.
- Handy Helpers ‘Loyalty Card’ bringing you exclusive Volunteer SU rewards when you participate in 3, 5 and 10 activities.
- Try out new activities and get a taste of volunteering in different organisations without committing long-term.
- Make new friends, gain new skills and have fun while actively supporting the local community.
- Access to relevant training, including First Aid, Environmental and Waste Awareness, Cultural Sensitivity and Mental Health Awareness.
The programme is open to all registered Queen's University students, both Undergraduate and Postgraduate, including those on placement year. We welcome students from all backgrounds and with any access requirements.
No previous volunteering experience or long-term commitment is needed, just a willingness to get involved.
Registration is on-going throughout the academic year (September-May), so you are welcome to join anytime.
*If you want to achieve Degree Plus/Graduate Plus/Researcher Plus through Handy Helpers, it is advisable to register early to allow yourself enough time to complete the required number of volunteering activities.
|028 9097 3951|
|028 9097 3305|
|028 9097 3277|