Are you a volunteer in a position of leadership?
Inspiring Leaders explores the who, what, why and how of leadership, the difference between management and leadership, understanding the communication styles of yourself and others and how you can motivate, encourage and inspire others.
It offers you the chance to meet Leaders from different walks of life, identify your personal leadership style, take part in a team challenge and can help you:
- Increase understanding of yourself as a leader
- Enhance your personal development
- Strengthen your leadership skills
- Value the benefit derived from your volunteering
- Translate your leadership and volunteering experiences into employability skills
- You will receive a certificate of attendance from the William J Clinton Leadership Institute and Volunteer Now Enterprises Ltd.
- Ability to apply for a Queen’s Degree/Graduate/Researcher Plus Award (Route A)
- Ability to use your volunteering hours towards a Millennium Volunteers Award/Prestige Award
- Inspiring Leaders graduation ceremony
- All-expenses paid experience: training, catering and accommodation/transport (if you choose residential programme)
- Option to attend follow-up specialised workshops focussing on a variety of leadership topics
- Be a Queen’s University student currently volunteering in a position of leadership in or outside of Queen’s, with at least 25 hours of this role already completed in the past 6 months (eligible positions include but are not limited to: Peer Mentors, School/Course/Class Reps, Students' Union Councillor, Club/Society Committee Member, Fundraiser, Sports Coach, Homework Clubs Volunteer, Youth Leader etc)
- Name a referee who can verify your volunteering hours
- Be available to attend chosen programme dates
Programme Options and Dates
You can attend one of the following programmes:
- Intensive Day: Saturday 16 November 2019, MCS Group, Adelaide Street, Belfast, 9am-6pm** & Degree/Graduate/Researcher Plus Assessment: Half hour slot to be allocated on afternoon of Wednesday 11 December 2019, Clubroom 3, Students’ Union
- Residential: Wednesday 5 – Thursday 6 February 2020, Hotel to be confirmed, (Wednesday 1.15pm to Thursday 1.15pm)* & Degree/Graduate/Researcher Plus Assessment: Half hour slot to be allocated on afternoon of Wednesday 4 March 2020, Clubroom 3, Students’ Union
- Intensive Day: Saturday 15 February 2020, Great Hall, Queen’s University, 9am-6pm** & Degree/Graduate/Researcher Plus Assessment: Half hour slot to be allocated on afternoon of Wednesday 11 March 2020, Clubroom 3, Students’ Union
* Transport, accommodation and catering provided
** Catering provided
Applications close 12noon, Tuesday 29 October, 2019.
We're delighted to be sponsored by MCS Group. If you are interested in their career advice and exclusive opportunities, you can find out more here.
|028 9097 3951|
|028 9097 3305|
|028 9097 3277|