Students' Union President
My name is Connor and I am your new SU President.
Students are facing a very difficult time right now in terms of the financial, academic and social pressures placed on them. My goal this year is to make a real and practical difference in dealing with these.
I will aim to do this by:
- Implementing a range of new policies with regards to mental health – working to improve our provision of care and counselling while simultaneously easing some of the pressures that influence mental health. This will begin with lobbying our university to adopt the institution-wide ‘Step Change’ framework.
- Campaigning on housing issues – beginning by working with a number of external groups to end the practice of charging illegal letting fees and campaigning to reclaim any fees that have already been charged.
- Eliminating some the hidden costs of education – for example by introducing free printing in our new Union building.
- Achieving Autonomy - Working to bring our Union into line with other Students’ Unions around the UK and Ireland by achieving autonomy.
If you need advice on anything at all or if you want to get involved with any campaigns, don’t hesitate to give me a shout.
Have a great year!
- Represents your views on campus and beyond
- Identifies priority issues for students
- Co-ordinates the activities of the Union
- Gives advice if you want to join or start a campaign