Skip to main content

Complaints Procedure

We are committed to delivering a high quality service to all students, members of the general public and Queen's University employees.

However, we do realise that we don't always get it right and in order to make the service we offer better, we need you to tell us when things go wrong.

You can make a complaint by:

  • Completing the feedback form below
  • Emailing or phoning the relevant person/department
    (contact reception for up to date contact details: 028 9097 3726)
  • Organising a meeting with the relevant person/department
  • Sending a letter to the Students' Union
  • Placing your letter in the suggestion box in Reception

This informal approach should be the first course of action when trying to get a problem solved.

If you find that your complaint is unresolved, then consider going down a more formal route by writing directly to the Director of the Students' Union:

Queen's Students' Union
One Elmwood 
1 Elmwood Avenue
Belfast, BT9 6AZ

Please provide as much information as possible about the service provided, the individuals or department involved and why you felt the service did not meet your expectations.

Whichever route you use, your complaint will be logged and will be dealt with in a timely, appropriate and confidential manner. Every action will be taken to ensure that you receive a prompt and suitable response and that the issue is resolved to your satisfaction. 

If your complaint relates to the conduct of a Queen’s Club or Society, it must be submitted promptly and in writing to the SU Director. The statement of complaint must be supported by evidence of a breach of standards. Should the Students’ Union investigate the complaint, the statement of complaint will normally be shared with the relevant Club / Society and they will be given the opportunity to respond to any concerns raised. Anonymous complaints cannot be considered.

If your complaint is regarding the Debt Advice service provided by the Students’ Union Advice SU this service is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Therefore, if a final response concerning any complaint made about a FCA regulated activity is not received within 8 weeks, or remains unresolved, the complainant may refer their complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Tel: 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9123
Write to:
Financial Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower
E14 9SR

As well as telling us when things go wrong, feel free to let us know when you are happy with the service we provide. Feedback, either good or bad is always appreciated.