Do you want to do good for your local community, develop your skills and make new friends, but you haven’t got the time to make a regular commitment?
Handy helpers is a unique initiative which enables you to take part in a wide range of one-off volunteering opportunities in the local community. You can pick and choose what activities you want to participate in based on your interests and availability.
From community gardening to decorating charity premises and event logistics, you will gain experience in various settings while actively contributing to the local community.
There’s no long-term commitment, just get involved in the activities that suit you. As an added feel good factor, you’ll get access to relevant training and a loyalty card that gives you even more rewards for changing the world around you!
Registration for Handy Helpers is now open. To sign up, just click on the link Handy Helpers Registration.
Handy Helpers are happy to announce that we have returned to face to face activities and events for this coming academic year. We will be working with local residents, community organisations and charities in a range of different settings. This will include events like Mission Christmas, conservation days and alleyway action days to name a few.
- Ability to apply for Queen’s Degree Plus Award (Route A).
- Prestige Volunteers recognises volunteering efforts through certificates endorsed by Queen’s Students’ Union for 50, 100 and 200 hours of volunteering.
- Handy Helpers ‘Loyalty Card’ bringing you exclusive Volunteer SU rewards when you participate in 3, 5 and 10 activities.
- Try out new activities and get a taste of volunteering in different organisations without committing long-term.
- Make new friends, gain new skills and have fun while actively supporting the local community.
- Access to relevant training, including First Aid, Environmental and Waste Awareness, Cultural Sensitivity and Mental Health Awareness.
The programme is open to all registered Queen's University students, both Undergraduate and Postgraduate, including those on placement year. We welcome students from all backgrounds and with any access requirements.
No previous volunteering experience or long-term commitment is needed, just a willingness to get involved.