Each School/Institute at Queen’s has an Undergraduate School Rep and a Postgraduate School Rep who represent all of the undergrad and postgrad students in their School/Institute.
School Reps are the voice of all students in their School. They work with Course, Subject and Faculty Reps, collaborate with staff across the University and take a seat on Students’ Union Council.
They listen to students’ views, feed these back to staff members and make the changes that students want happen.
The Undergraduate School Rep is the joint-chairperson of undergraduate Student Voice Committees in their School and are members of academic-related committees in their School.
The Postgraduate School Rep is the joint-chairperson of postgraduate Student Voice Committees in their School and are members of academic-related committees in their School.
School Reps are members of the University’s Academic Board.
School Reps are eligible for Degree Plus.
- Receive full training from the SU
- Listen to students' views
- Chair Student Voice Committee meetings
- Feed students' views back to staff
- Work together with the Course Reps to help make the changes students want
- Attend other committee, board and council meeting
- Produce a School Rep Newsletter each semester